The ECIA Foundation promotes the value of the electronics components industry through developing, leveraging, and deploying educational and awareness based initiatives.
A Board of Directors governs the Education Foundation. Click here for a list of current Board members.
The ECIA Foundation is charting a new and expanded course in 2014. Efforts will focus on:
- the promotion of the study of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
- building awareness of the industry and how those areas of study can be applied
- support of organizations that influence STEM careers, like FIRST
- support of universities by broadcasting their career events and promoting internships
FIRST Robotics Competition
The ECIA Foundation is honored to assist Dean Kamen - inventor, scientist and founder of FIRST Robotics Competition. ECIA has worked with our member companies to coordinate the donation of millions of electronic components needed to make team kits for the 2013 & 2014 competitions. Our commitment will continue with the 2015 competition year.
Kamen's quest is to ignite the imaginative minds of our youth and instill a love of science exploration. The successful FIRST program - For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology - has provided a venue for science-minded kids to compete on a level that rivals their athlete peers. Started in 1992 with 28 teams in a New Hampshire high-school gym, the competition now involves roughly 3,000 teams across the globe vying for bragging rights and college scholarships.
Your company can participate in several ways:
1. By donating specific components. The BOM for 2015 will be available soon - review and determine which parts your company may be able to provide.
2. By donating a company voucher that students can use to obtain additional components for their build.
3. By a monetary donation.